Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Finally, An Idea.


For the past week I had been bouncing back and forth between ideas and the process has been extremely frustrating. I would create an entire narrative for my film, but not be completely satisfied with the idea and have to wipe the slate clean. I would start all over again. I knew what I wanted to incorporate into my film, I had the images in my head, but I did not have a story to go with the tone and images I wanted to create. I noticed this tends to be my thinking process-- I have a tone in mind. I have images I am passionate to create. My struggle is to find a story to wrap all the elements I want to incorporate together.

Finally thinking of an idea I'm excited about has been incredibly frustrating and exhausting the past week and a half. Day and night all I asked myself was what kind of story I wanted to tell. I wish I was exaggerating, but my mind was consumed by the difficulty of initiating this project every day and every night; I never stopped thinking about it. So it makes me so relieved that I last I have an idea and I am sticking to it. I am proud of it and the story definitely brings every component I wanted together.

No comments:

Post a Comment