I have been trying to find music for the film opening so I have been searching on Incompetech, a royalty free music website. I want music without lyrics since I will add words over the music later.
The nondiegetic sound is incredibly important to the film opening; I am depending on it to create the mood and meaning of the film. The lyrics I am adding along with the background music will also add essential meaning to the plot of the film. Therefore, I have been searching for music that matches the dark and eerie quality of the film.
I am heavily relying on sound in this project to drive the film further in meaning than the film opening standing alone would, especially since I have a limited amount of time to get the gist of the film across. Now in the position of creator, rather than consumer, I look at the importance of sound in film in an entirely new perspective. I understand the impact of sound in film better than I previously did.
No comments:
Post a Comment